September 15, 2008

Every Prayer a Powerful Weapon

Hello everybody! So I started my homeschooling on the computer today! It was so much fun, I can't wait for tomorrow. But today I'm blogging about prayer. You see, I got this blogging idea because on saturday night I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep when I starting thinking about Hurricane Ike and decided to pray. I prayed, an soon after I fell asleep. The next afternoon I was chilling out in my room, litsening to Klove when inbetween songs they suggestd to pray for the people in danger of Hurricane Ike. So I stopped and prayed again. Prayer is very powerful. You can talk to God about anything and he'll always litsen and answer, maybe even in a way you never expected it. You could pray for wisdom like King Solomon did. And God blessed him in a way he never expected it. You could pray for no fears, and He'll answer. You can pray for others, like the Apostle Paul. And God will always, always, always answer. No matter when, where, what time, or about what. He will always answer. Sometimes it takes a while, sometimes it happens automatically. But just remember that He will always answer. Now have you ever heard of a "prayer pattern"? It's a bit of a list of things to pray for. Now there really is no specific prayer pattern to follow. You create your own pattern. Say, for example, First you pray for forgiveness, then you pray for others, then you thank God for everything, etc. You don't even have to have one, but it helps if you don't know what to pray about and get stuck. The Bible says that Every prayer is like a powerful weapon. So get your cannons and crossbows and pray the day away! "Rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Notice it says "pray continually" What? You mean pray while eating? While sleeping? While talking? This may be what you are thinking. But the Apostle Paul means never forget about him. Pray to him wherever. It doesn't have to be only at church. Pray to Him whenever. It doen't just have to be at the dinner table. With these prayer tips, hopefully you will start praying in faith and at all times!

From your praying blogger Abbie :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.