January 28, 2009

The WHOLE Bible

Hey every blog-reader! How is everything going?

So, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to read the Bible in a year. I've gotten through Genesis, and I should be done Exodus tomorrow. I'm really excited to read the Bible as one book. The Bible isn't a bunch of stories. It's one story. Many times in the Bible does God present himself as "the God of your anscestors, Abraham and Isaac" or something like that. In Hebrews 11 there is a list of faithful people all the way back to Noah! The Bible is one, especially in those prophecies. More than 10 of them were about Jesus, and in the New Testament it all happened. Although you may not see what the prophet Isaiah had in common with Esther, it's all the same story. The Bible is one. More importantly, the Bible is God's Word, and nothing can change that. The Bible claims to be God's Word, and although it has many enemies, it is still God's Word and it is still alive. It has survived all the persecution against it.

So I challenge YOU to read the Bible or part of the Bible and think of it as ONE book. Not 46 like all the books in the Bible, not 2 like the Old Testament and New Testament, like ONE like the WHOLE BIBLE!

Enjoy all you bookworms!! And for those of you who aren't bookworms....... well, enjoy still!!

Love, Abbie :)

2 comments:

  1. i haven't read the whole bible, but i have read random books. (sorry, but that's what they are!)
    and my favourite was Revelations..I just found it SO interesting!

    ur friend, emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great author,Abby. And, you're right the Bible is definately one book. I haven't read the whole Bible just parts of the New Testament. It is quite interesting. Keep up the good work.
    -Chelsea
    P.S. I heard about your blog from Emily's blog. You can check out mine if you want.

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.