March 23, 2009

Rubber Boots

Hello, Everyblogger! Guess what? I got new rubber boots! They're brown and they're dotted with pink hearts. And better yet, they protect my feet from the wet puddles. :) I love to walk through puddles, but when not my feet get soaked. Of course, I do like to jump in them. :) Have you ever heard of heavenly rubber boots? We need heavenly rubber boots to protect us from all the wordly ideas and wordly logic. Someone wise once said, "You can't keep the birds from depositing droppings on your head, but you can keep them from nesting on it." In other words, there will always be wordly ideas all around you, but you can keep the bad ideas from nesting inside your head. Heavenly rubber boots aren't made of rubber. Heavenly rubber boots are the Christian ideas and values that you know. The Bible says, "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praise-worthy-think about such things." Phillipians 4:8 What are the kinds of things we need to stay away from? Maybe an immodest model or a movie with lots of swears. Try to think on the good things instead of the bad.

Well, what are you waiting for? Put on your rubber boots!!!!

Abbie =D

2 comments:

  1. That was a great post, Abbie! I love how you used the rubber boots in your lesson. To me that's a neat way of communicating to people. By the way, I saw on emily's blog that you asked her if she had seen a platypus. I have not seen one in real life but I think it would be neat if you did. But, I have seen the animated Perry the Platypus on Phineas and Ferb. Do you watch that show or like it? I think it's awesome to be honest with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of that show..... I've seen an animate platypus on a show that my baby brother watches.

    @bbie

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.