April 5, 2009

G.I.G.

Hey everyblogger!! I'm back! So, I just want to say one more thing about Easter. My little brother watches a TV channel for young kids called "Treehouse". Every year on Easter or Christmas or Valentine's Day or whatever, they have a day (for Christmas a month) of TV episodes based on that holiday. Today I discovered something that disturbed me. They played an announcement for the Easter day of shows, and instead of Easter Sunday, they called it, Eggstra Fun Day. I have to say that that's a cute name, but NOT when it replaces the story of Jesus on Easter. It's the same thing with Christmas. They say, "Happy Holidays!" to replace CHRISTmas. So when Christian Holidays like Christmas and Easter come around, make sure to remember that they're about Jesus.

Okay, you're thinking, when do we get to the title part? Well, you don't have to wait any longer! Last night I was thinking of a Christian slogan to make up. I came up with G.I.G: God Is Good. Do you like it? I thought it was a neat slogan! But better yet, it's true! God IS Good. Have you ever heard the old song, Go Is So Good? It's got 4 lines, and you're saying the same phrase over and over again. But it's a pretty powerful phrase! God is Good and He takes care of us. Like when you get an A on that test that you thought guaranteed you were going to fail. God is Good! Or should I say, G.I.G! Or when you wake up and smell blueberry pancakes and your parents want to take you to the town fair and they surprised you with it. G.I.G! Maybe when someone you love gets an injury, even minor, and then they get healed. G.I.G! Anyway, I hope you remember G.I.G! I'm planning to make it the slogan for the blog! I'm going to draw a cool logo and then scan it into the computer. Tell me what you think! As always, I love to hear your feedback!

Abbie =D

P.S. Special surprise on the blog coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Abbie!

    That is a REALLY good idea the G.I.G thing. I LOVE IT! Keep up the good work!

    And yes, it's pretty sad that they have that Eggstra Fun Day...when it's meant to be Easter Sunday. And Christmas replaced with Holiday, yeah, I know...it's really sad. I will try my best not to forget God on those holidays!!!!!!

    Thanks for your post - and keep it up!

    -H
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abbie,
    That's so awesome! I love that slogan and I never would have been able to make it up by myself. BTW, could you PLEASE at least give me a hint about what the surprise is???????????? I'm dying to know!!!

    Thanks for contributing to my blog and for being so encouraging on yours! KUTGW,(Keep Up The Great Work) Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... here's a hint to every blogger!

    Q: What's really funny and involves Joke of the Week?

    A: You'll have to wait and see!

    Abbie =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the hint, Abbie! That kind of gave me a clue, but I'm not sure if what I think it is is correct. BTW, what's your favorite sport? Just wondering.
    KUTGW, (KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK) Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.