May 3, 2009

Indescribable

Hello, my blogging friends! I wanted to share something with you girlz about a video I had watched called Indescribable by Louie Giglio. It's really good. Make sure that the song "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin is on before you start reading. It probably already is. :) Anyway, the video is all about how big God really is. I thought is was very interesting. God is so big, yet he's so personal. God made everything appear in a snap. Almost every second a new star is born. And God just keep naming them all. God measures the universe with the span of his hand. From the video: "We live in a subdivision of our universe called the Milky Way Galaxy. In order to get around the Milky Way Galaxy, we use a measurement called light years. Light travels 186,000 miles/sec. Therefore, light years is how fast light travels in a year. If you wanna go visit your neighbour on the other side of the sub-division, you just have to travel 186, 000 miles per second for a 100,000 years and you'll be there!" Throughout the video there are space pictures from the Hubble Telescope that show how amazing God made the universe. Here's a really good one. It's the Whirlpool Galaxy; scientists call it "The Darling of Astronomy".












Pretty nice, huh? I guess it's a no-brainer that it's the Darling of Astronomy. But what your about to see next is even more amazing. Louie Giglio says that he was almost knocked off his chair when he saw it. It's the center of the Whirlpool Galaxy.







Amazing. God revealed his love to us through his Creation. One of my favorite songs is called "Made to Worship" (you can listen to it on my blog) and it starts with, "Before the day, before the light, before the world revolved around the sun, God on high, stepped down into time, and wrote the story of His love for everyone." God made His universe soooo amazing! I suggest you search up some astronomy pictures on the Internet so you can see more beauty and more love. :)

Abbie =D

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's really cool Abbie!
    Bless ya,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abbie, there was one thing in there that really stood out to me, because I've been thinking of it a lot myself -- that God is really big, but so personal. I remember reading the same thing in a Lily book a few years ago -- it was Lily's in London, I think. Either that or Lily's Passport to Paris. She was in one of the huge churches, and she was describing how magestic and gloriful and well, BIG God is -- and He wants us to talk to Him, even though He can do anything in his power -- He wants to talk to us, for us to be saved. I just love to think about that.

    xox Emily

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.