June 21, 2009

Hearts Like Jesus

Hey girlz! I've been so busy today, having hardly any time to blog. But I want to post for you today. So today (or yesterday) was Father's Day. I gave my gift to my dad yesterday. I made him a pop-up card that had all his favorite things coming out of it. A fishing rod, tools, his guitar, piano keys.... he said it was the most fantastic card ever! I hope all you girlz and your dads had a good Father's Day too.

Today I want to talk about something that's been on my mind since yesterday. As you know, Jesus has done many miracles in the Bible. Alot of times, like when he healed the leper, he told him not to tell anyone how he was healed. When the rich man went to Jesus and asked which good things to do to enter the kingdom of heaven, Jesus replied, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only One who is good."(Matthew 19:17) He gave all the glory to God. Say if you led someone to Christ, and they came to thank you for changing their life, would you say, "Thanks. It was no problem. I know God well, and I wanted to help others", or, "Oh, no - It was all God." Wanting to help people is not a bad thing, but if we don't give the glory to God, it's almost like we are committing plagiarism against Him. It's like if you had to do a project about Abraham Lincoln or some other important person, and you found a really good page on the Internet, and you decided to copy and paste and print. I wasn't really yours, but then you'd be getting the credit. That's plagiarism. Taking the credit for something that isn't yours. Jesus never bragged about what He was doing. He didn't even say anything about it. He just let God take the glory. That's how things should be like in our lives. All our great accomplishments are from God, because He has given you the talent to do it, or has allowed it to happens. We need to have hearts like Jesus, and give God all the glory.

Hope you liked it. And just as I was finishing, I thought, why don't I do more posts about having hearts like Jesus? And that's just what I'm going to do. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Abii,
    I ♥ that post -- and I can't wait for more!

    Luv,emii♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do a post tomorrow...and btw how do you do the hearts? :P


    Abbie =D x0x

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.