September 20, 2009

Give This Christmas Away

Hey everyone! I know, it's a little early for Christmas, but Give This Christmas Away is a new song recorded for Veggietales' new Christmas movie, and it's sung by Matthew West and Amy Grant. It's not on YouTube so I can't post the music video on my blog but I'll give you the link and if you watch it I think you'll be glad you did! Here it is: http://www.bigidea.com/

Did you see all the African children with boxes in the video? I don't know if you girls have Operation Christmas Child where you live, but it's where family fill shoeboxes with special presents, and they're sent to Africa and other countries, but the children receive one of those boxes. Once I heard a story where a girl had to wear shoes so big they had to duct tape them so they'd stay on, and her feet were freezing. But in her box, there was a brand new pair of shoes that fit her perfectly. Last year in my box I sent a sweater, a hair brush, some barrettes and hair elastics, a notebook and markers, pairs of fuzzy socks, and a little stuffed giraffe. I hope whichever girl that got it was blessed by it.

I want you to get a Bible and turn to Genesis 1. I know, we've almost all read the Creation story, but I sort of made a discovery 2 weeks ago. I was teaching my little brother Mathias his kindergarden homeschooling. And the first 2 weeks, he learns about creation. Each day you read part of the story, and then you learn about the 7 days of creation. Now stop: read Genesis 1, and then come back.

Now that you're back, let's continue. On Day 1 God made light. Then on Day 2 he separated sky from water. Day 3 was the day that dry ground and plants came into view. On Day 4 God made the sun and the moon, and he hung the stars. On Day 5 God made birds of the sky and creatures of the sea. On Day 6 god made every other animal on the earth. He also made people! Day 7 was the day God rested.

Go back to verse 29. This is right after God created the first person. It says, "I give you every seed-bearing plant and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move on the ground- everything that had the breath of life in it- I give every green plant for food." So God made everything - and then He gave everything away. Imagine creating the most amazing painting, or the most delicious muffins or the most beautiful poem. You're so proud of your work - but then you give it away. It might not be so hard for you, and God can do anything. But He's so much better than humans and animals, and he created all that splendor only to give it away.

Think about it.

I couldn't have done that.

But God loved us so much.

Think about it.

Well, I hope you girls enjoyed that! By the way, has anyone here heard the song Made To Love by Toby Mac? It's a really good song. Or at least, in my opinion.

Love in Christ,

Abbie =D x0x

5 comments:

  1. Hey Abbie,
    Sorry I haven't commented on your blog in a really long time! Great post, though!!! I never even realized that before. Thanks for sharing it with me!
    <3 (love) Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie, did I tell you that I changed the name of my blog?
    It's now "Girls of Hope" and it used to be 'Htebazile'
    the address is

    girlsofhope.blogspot.com

    lol,, you might already know,, especially if you already commented,, just forgot and idnt know for sure if I told you, lol.

    luv,Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abbie, thanks for posting this post! :) I absolutely love the song "Made to Love" too!
    Jessica:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Libby....

    Yeah, I know your blog is diffirent... I just haven't gotten to changing the adress! I'm sorry and I'll do that today!!!

    Thanks for comments everyone!

    Abbie =D x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been doing Operation Christmas Child since I was in second grade, its such an amazing program, I love it! That Veggie Tales video, love it! Thanks for sharing!

    btw: I just found your blog and I hope to follow it, feel free to check out my blogQ

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.