December 1, 2009

The Naughty List

Hey, everybody!!

LOL, webdings again. Hey Everyone!

Are you all working on your entries for the contest? I sure hope so! Sometime soon I'll post a picture of my tiny, 2-foot high Christmas tree that's in my room. I've already done almost all of my Christmas shopping! With my 4 siblings, I have 16 people to buy for! I'm lucky I don't have any cousins. Well, technically no, because I'd love to have some cousins.

"He's making a list, checking it twice, he's gonna find out who's naughty or nice, Santa Claus is coming to town!"

We've probably all believed in Santa at one time in our lives. In kindergarten, I knew he wasn't real, but insisted on putting the "reindeer food" my teacher had given me outside the door before we left to celebrate Christmas with my grandparents and open presents. Sure enough, when I woke up - nothing. In first grade I wrote him a letter in school, telling him that we didn't have a chimney and he might have a hard time getting in. =) In kindergarten my teacher also told me that the little box on the wall that had a red light shooting out of it was Santa's "monitor", and he watched us in school to see if we were naughty or nice.

Most of us, nowadays, probably believe the true story of Christmas, where Gabriel told Mary she would have a baby, and in Bethlehem there was no place to stay except a stable. There Jesus was born. And then the shepherds and the wise men came, and around 33 years later he died.

Is Christmas about Jesus or Santa?

We were all on the naughty list until Jesus came, because we're all sinful. And now, we try so hard to stay on the nice list, but every day we fail.

The good news is, there is no naughty or nice list with God!

We are all equal and have always been and always will be. No one is better than another, no matter what kind of sin it is.

I hope you enjoyed my post! I need to go do a little bit more piano practice. ;)

Love, Abbie =D =D

1 comment:

  1. hi abbie this is such a lovely blog,did you ever get my email?

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.