March 31, 2010

Happy Easter!!!!

Dear Bloggity Blog,

I'm sorry I haven't posted much. I hope you haven't missed me.

Love, Abbie =D

Hey!!!!

Are you guys excited for Easter? I know I am. I used to never be THAT excited for Easter, because, I mean, it's terrible what they did to Jesus. But He had to endure that so we could live with him forever.

So why am I excited now? Well, a while ago, I started reading the book of John in the Bible, one chapter at a time. And near the end of the month, and ultimately near Easter, I came near the crucifixion story. I was afraid to read it, because of how sad it was. But after reading, I was so curious, that I decided to read the Crucifixion and Resurrection in all 4 Gospels.

Do you know what I found out?

Each book tells something different.

Yeah, each book has basically the same story, but with different elements.

The Book of Matthew is the only gospel that tells about how after the temple curtains ripped when Jesus died, the bodies of several holy people were raised to life and they went out and appeared to different people.

The Book of Mark is the only gospel that mentions that a lady named Salome was at the tomb with Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James.

The Book of Luke is the only gospel where Jesus tells the women crying for him at the Crucifixion, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep." Plus, it's the only book where Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." It is also the only book that tells about the 2 criminals with him, how one told Jesus to save himself and them, but the other rebuked him and said the were guilty as charged and Jesus was innocent. And it's the only book that says that a woman named Joanna was with Mary Magdalene and the other Mary when they told the disciples about Jesus being raised from the dead. And it's the only book that tells how 2 of the disciples encountered Jesus on the road to a place called Emmaus.

The Book of John is the only gospel that tells about how the soldier speared Jesus' side. And the only book that tells about when Mary Magdalene encountered Jesus when she thought he was a gardener at first. It's the only book that tells about doubting Thomas, who wouldn't believe without seeing Jesus, and about the miraculous catch of fish were Jesus had breakfast with the disciples on the beach. It's also the only book that tells how Jesus reinstated Simon Peter (who happens to be my favorite disciple) after he denied Jesus three times (see John 18:15-27; 21:15-17).

Interesting, isn't it? I also learned that Pontius Pilate, who sentenced Jesus, wasn't the bad guy. He tried his hardest to save Jesus from Crucifixion, but he had to please the crowd. He was pressured into doing something he didn't want to do. The Book of John is also the only book that mentions this:

"Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS. Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek. 21 The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, "Do not write 'The King of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews."

Pilate answered, "What I have written, I have written."

(John 19:19-22)

That just shows how Pontius Pilate believed in Jesus. He tried his hardest. He asked the Jews multiple times what they wanted with Jesus. And every time he asked, they yelled "Crucify him!" Pilate tried his best.

The Gospel of Matthew also says that Pilate knew that the reason the Sanhedrin and the Pharisees was that they were jealous of the attention Jesus was getting. I mean, that's terrible! We can all admit being jealous in our lifetime. But their jealous was so huge, they crucified Jesus.

Well, try it yourself. Read the Crucifixion and Resurrection all 4 Gospels!

Love, love, love (and a happy Easter!),

Abbie =D x0x

P.S. Sorry this post was pretty long. But then, it makes up for the time during which I w=haven't blogged.

1 comment:

  1. ♥Nicole♥4.4.10

    Hiya, Abbie! This is Nicole from 'Tween You and Me - Nancy Rue's blog.

    I love your blog! That is SO cool that the Four Gospels are actually pretty different. I guess, from you describing them, I like the way Luke described the story of Jesus' Crucification and Resurrection (did I spell those right??) the most. Or maybe John...or Mark...or Matthew. ☺

    Have an AWESOME EASTER!!!

    He is Risen!!

    Your Sister in Christ,
    ♥Nicole♥

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.