September 27, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

(see my new playlist? *grins* it's not on auto-start because I know how annoying it is to scramble to shut off the volume when you go on to a blog. you won't regret starting it, though. it includes all my Vice Verses favorites :)


Today was a quiet day. At home alone with 2 of my brothers, aged 2 and 4. The rest of the family was off to the eye doctor. :) I think we had a great day. We went on a walk (or, as I called it, an adventure) and did a craft. The boys played quietly for most of the time, actually. I made a loaf of pumpkin bread this afternoon. And it's delicious. Wanna make some? It's really easy, actually.




















ABBIE'S PUMPKIN BREAD
(adapted from this recipe)

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin purée
Directions:

1. Preset oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one loaf pan and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a wire whisk), cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and mix well. Add walnuts and chocolate chips and stir.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Add one third cup of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix.
5. Add the milk and mix well.
6. Add the rest of the flour mixture alternatively with the pumpkin.
7. Pour the mixture in your loaf pan. Put in the oven and cook for 55 minutes.
8. When it's ready, let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Let it cool completely before cutting.

Enjoy, friends!


2 comments:

  1. That's cool that you cook stuff and it works! Seriously, when my sister and I make something, we're already planning on how to fix it before it even stuffs up!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I love you, Emii.

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.