oh, yes. they taste as good as they look.
CARAMEL CREAM SANDWICH COOKIES
(from Pillsbury's Complete Book of Baking)
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups flour
2 Tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 teaspoons milk
1. Cream the brown sugar & butter until smooth.
2. Add the egg yolk, mix. Add the flour, mix. Put the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls an place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake the cookies at 325 degrees Farenheit for 16 minutes.
5. When baked, transfer cookies immediately to a cooling rack.
6. To make your icing, melt the butter over low heat until lightly golden brown.
7. Add the rest of the icing ingredients and mix well.
8. Spread the icing over one cookie with a butter knife and place another on top. Repeat for the rest of the cookies.
Makes about 15 completed sandwich cookies.