January 31, 2012

farewell, january.


















(I just realized that I saved all my photo-files this month as from "January 2011". fAIL.)


One month of 2012 had already passed us by. Unbelieveable. I think that this year, at the end of every month I'll do a post with my accomplishments, favorite pictures that I took that month & some other favorites. Thoughts?

what I did this month:


- I got to photograph an awesome flour mill in the snow.
- I discovered new things about road trips.
- I tried to get my sleep schedule under control (talked about in the above link).
- I got to plan Zachary's first birthday party.
- I became a Lord of the Rings fan.
- I read the Lord of the Rings books in 10 days.
- I had a revelation.
- I learned how to play On Fire on the piano.
- I finally made a photo-wall in my room. (Look for a future post about it!)
- I brainstormed ideas for my 14th birthday party.
- I got excited for The Hobbit.

my favorite pictures from this month:


















outside in the snow


















reading Return of the King


















i just love this picture. and the quote that goes with it.



















making cookies




















crayons & scrabble tiles = love.

















journaling























my 2-year old brother, Efraim. adorable, I know.

































the flour mill


favorite video of the month:






favorite quotes:


"And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer."
-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings


"The Road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow it, if I can."

- J. R. R. Tolkien


"We read to know that we are not alone."

-C. S. Lewis


"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

-Galileo


"Every day is a fight to become more than what you are now."

-Me (yeah, I can quote myself on my blog)






looking forward to in february:

- my 14th birthday
- my 14th birthday party
- valentine's day (with all the boys in my house, I've always said that my mother & I deserve to have a little fun on v-day.)
- the sheer joy of february.



lovelovelove,

abbie /// xoxox

P. S.  I still need questions for my FAQ page I'm working on! Anything you've ever wanted to ask me? 


P. P. S. Anyone interested in sponsoring my birthday-giveaway? See the sidebar for details :)


P. P. P. S.   Sorry about the huge gap. I can't figure out how to fix it :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.