January 27, 2012

questions, anyone?

sunset


















We're a little 'under construction' around My Own Little Corner. *squeals* I'm in the middle of adding some pages, and I want to add an FAQ page. So if there's anything that you want to know about me or this blog that  haven't covered on my bio page (the girl), then ask away! :)

















Guess what I finished reading today? Yep, that's right, the Lord of the Rings books. They are the most amazing books ever. You just get sucked right into the story as you read it. There were so many lines that made me grin right then & there. And at one point I was so excited that I closed the book, jumped off my bed, and ran in happy-circles around my room. And I was definitely misty-eyed when I finished it. (Actually, I'm technically not finished because I still have nearly 200 pages of appendices to read.)

My favorite character was Sam. (How could it not be, really?) You know, you sort of get the feeling that it's as much Sam's journey as it is Frodo's (or any other member of the fellowship, for that matter.) I just loved how Sam is so thoughtful, so brave, so devoted to Frodo. In a way I could sort of relate to him. (I could probably say alot more, but I'll leave it at that.)

And now what? Well, I know that I'll read the Lord of the Rings many, many times in my life. Same for watching the movies. But, I am very (very) eagerly awaiting the release of The Hobbit in December. (Seriously? December? Feels like forever from now.) The wait will be worth it, however.


Source: imdb.com via Abbie on Pinterest


So. Excited.



Abbie //// XOXO

P.S. I've been thinking about doing a birthday-giveaway here on the blog. Anyone interested in sponsoring? Let me know! (through comments, or e-mail me at forabbiesblog(at)gmail(dot)com. Just unspell the 'dots' :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a pretty epic sunset, beautiful though. I started reading the Hobbit a while back but I just couldn't get into it so I'm not sure the Lord of the Rings would be for me... Harry Potter all the way hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abbie! I'm not sure if you received my e-mail, but I wanted to let you know that you won the giveaway over at my blog! :) You can e-mail me {swordmaidenforchrist(at)gmail(dot)com} to claim your prize.

    eve @ essence of eve

    p.s. I'll have to pick a new winner if I'm not able to get in contact with you by Thursday. :(

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.