January 22, 2012

a wonderful sunday

The winter wind howls mercilessly outside. But in my house I am warm & cozy as a hibernating bear, if he is warm at all. I've never asked one personally.

Today was spent joyfully. I spent much time reading The Two Towers (more on that in a future post). I played chess with my older brother (and lost both times). We laughed. I cuddled with my nest-to-littlest brother of two years. And when I craved something sweet, peanut butter cookies were the answer.



















The taste of raw cookie dough lingers on my tongue. I roll it into little balls and flatten them with a fork, making a careful criss-cross pattern. Next comes sprinkling the sugar on top.



















At the same time I am enjoying frozen blueberries. They are very plentiful in the summer where I live, so we pick lots and freeze them to eat in winter. And I think about the simplest joys in life. They come in cookies. Blueberries. Warm sweaters. Late-night reading. The look on your little brothers face before he gives you a hug. That moment when your four-year old brother comes up to you and says, "Can I have another cookie? Because they're SO good!" They come in listening to piano music, which has been one of my favorite kinds since I was just a little girl.



















The weekend has almost come to a close. And with the close of the weekend comes the start of a new week. Filled with new challenges. New hopes. New tears. New dreams that I'll probably forget as soon as I wake up. But the thought is so beautiful.

I'm looking forward to this week.


abbie /// xoxoxox

p.s. for the record, I'd probably prefer to have a thousand dreams a night and forget them all then to never dream.

3 comments:

  1. Abbie,
    I think your blog is really cute :)
    P.S I used to read it YEARS ago. I found it through Nancy Rue. Anyways just thought I would let you know.
    Carley
    http://glisteningcolors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos. and your PS, did you make it up? because they're the most beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics! I love this post, its very beautifully written!

    xoxo, Check out my blog and please follow, ill be sure to return the favor!
    www.jadinashodgepodge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.