February 29, 2012

leap day

Guess what? It's leap year day, February 29th - and wouldn't it be the worst day to have a birthday? And it's time for another end-of-the-month post.

So, this month I:

- Turned 14!
- Got my first DSLR, a Canon Rebel T3
- Fell in love with photography again
- Planned my 14th birthday party
- Got sick (and stayed sick... ugh) - but that's not really an accomplishment.
- Played volleyball with the people in my church youth group
- Read 2 more of the books on my list of books to read in 2012
- Made 2 vlogs
- Posted 26 times, counting this one (I think it must be a record!)
- Took 1,067 pictures in one day
- Got to 2,002 pins on pinterest. (Wait. That just means I waste way too much time.)
- Probably did a whole lot more, too.

FAVORITE PICTURES FROM THIS MONTH:

You'd have to go back and read all my posts from this month. :) But I'll add in a few -






































FAVORITE QUOTES?

"To smell the inside of an old book is a treasure of this world."

- Unknown

"We are what we believe we are."

- C. S. Lewis

"Always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think."

-Winnie-the-Pooh

LOOKING FORWARD TO IN MARCH:

- MARCH BREAK!!! (yes!)
- MARCH BREAK!!! (yes, yes!)
- MARCH BREAK!!! (yes, yes, yes!)

Tonight me and my older brother started watching the second half of Return of the King. I pretty much said no at first, that it was too late. And then he says, "Don't you want to see your Sam?" Cue me saying, "Oh, my gosh, yes I do." Which leads to, "Okay, we'll start it now." He must have thought I was crazy, because whenever something good happened, like the coming of the Riders of Rohan or Pippin saving Faramir, I would cheer and be like, "Yeah! YEAH!" And whenever we'd see one of the hobbits I would say, "My best friend Sam." Or "My pal Merry." Or "My buddy Pippin." So on, so forth. And whenever we'd see Aragorn, I'd give some variation of, "Yeah, man! Go Elfstone! Go Elessar!" So on, so forth.

Until tomorrow, my friends!

Abbie /// XOXOX

p.s. mikey gump says hello.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Lord Of The Rings picture!!!! Made my day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! It's positively fatabulicious! You are such a good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aragorn is my favourite Lord of the Rings character. Hands down. He's amazing, but I also love Mary & Pippin and Legolas & Gimli - those guys never fail to crack me up! Lol! :D
    Your brother thought you were crazy? You should've seen me at my friend's house the other week. We were watching part one of FotR and I was like "Frodo, listen to me! DON'T put the ring on!" and "Kill them all, Aragorn! You're awesome!" I think he was seriously starting to regret asking me if I wanted to watch FotR halfway through the movie...
    You make me want to reread the books! :P Well, actually, I've only read The Hobbit, FotR, and half of TTT, and I never exactly got to RotK. I'm so going to this time though!

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of your socks+tea+chalkboard! And that moon is so gorgeous! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the Lord of the Rings pictures. I have to agree with Eve. Aragorn wins as my favorite LOTR character. Even though I love all of the others as well. Sometimes, it's just so hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.