February 10, 2012

on days like today//

Last night, it was quite late when I finally settled down into bed with my book. One of my quirks is that I can't go to bed if there's something that still has to get done. And I decided to take out my camera again. I loved the lighting - kind of dim, but a little golden.





This morning I woke up at nine to the sound of my two-year old brother bouncing in his crib down the hall. At first I was reluctant to leave my blankets, but I got up and brought him downstairs. What followed was breakfast (oatmeal with blueberries & brown sugar, as usual), helping the littlest of my brothers to get dressed for the day, and of course... a few pictures.




School has been pretty tough for me lately. I'm just so tired of the daily routine... always doing the same things. I think that almost every school year around February I start to get a little down. (Thank goodness for March Break in a month!)



i'm in love with his smile.  




Efraim has a pillowcase that he carries everywhere. He calls it his "blankie". (In truth, it's a pillow case, but it makes a good blankie.) 




Then came the afternoon. My aunt came over and helped me build a little shelf that I bought three weeks ago but never assembled (see picture below). I spent some time updating my "about me" page here on the blog.


some days I make my bed. some days I don't. (btw, my new shelf is right by the bed.) 






































And so the sun set. Another day had come and was gone. This evening was filled with friends, volleyball & basketball, and worship practice. (I don't play sports super often, but our pastor just started doing a gym night for the youth. It is very fun.)

Tomorrow is Saturday. My plans are to babysit my brothers in the morning, do some math homework (maybe. i might skip the math. homeschooling, i love you.), and hopefully post my vlog. (I would've posted it today but I already had this planned, and it only uploaded in the late afternoon. So you'll have to wait :)


off to read!

abbie /// xoxox

3 comments:

  1. hi :)) I've been reading your posts since the day I followed you and I know you really like reading books and stuff. I was just thinking maybe you could suggest any book to me?? I would really love to read a book but I just do not what to read.. Can you?? :))

    loveandelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi :)) I've been reading your posts since the day I followed you and I know you really like reading books and stuff. I was just thinking maybe you could suggest any book to me?? I would really love to read a book but I just do not what to read.. Can you?? :))

    loveandelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos!! I really like your photography style!

    Have a good day,
    Carli

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.