March 31, 2012

oh, march... where have you gone?

today is saturday, march 31st. the end of the week. the end of the month. today me & my dad had an outing to go see the hunger games and do some shopping. (to be honest with ya, we were both a little disappointed. we gave the movie an overall rating of 3.5.) regardless of this fact, i painted my nails & wore braids.


my attempt at 'girl on fire' nails. 


(failed self-portrait attempt.)

okay, so, this is intended to be my monthly end-of-the-month post. so without further ado, let's find out just what I accomplished this month.

accomplishments this month:

- went to the theater to see the hunger games.
- read the chronicles of narnia.
- (successfully) introduced my uncle to LOTR.
- went to another ladies' retreat.
- pre-ordered a 50mm f1.8 lens (yes. i know. they didn't have it in stock.)
- got to enjoy some nice summer spring weather before we had more cold. (i think spring is coming back, personally.)
- a few more things i might not tell you just yet... ;)

favorite pictures from this month:

a few ones you've seen already (if you've read my blog this month):




























and a few new ones, too! 

warm weather! 


self-portrait 


zach's toes. 


another self-portrait 


puddle reflections 


park at sunset 



brothers playing tag 


the rest are of zachary :) 




favorite video from this month:




 if you don't laugh at this, then that's just.... i don't even know what to say.


favorite (two) quotes from this month:


"with freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?"


- oscar wilde


"imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."


-marilyn monroe


(when i told this to my older brother, he replied, "well, it's better to be sane than insane." i said, "well, then, i'm insane.")

looking forward to in april:

- a visit from my aunt & cousin
- more nice spring weather
-using my new lens
- and a few more things that i might not tell you just yet... (haha! my plan is to drive you crazy with suspense. well, not really.)


march, you've been good to me, and april? i can't wait for you.

abbie /// xoxox


p.s. guess what? i was in future shop today. and we walked past the TV section. and one of them was playing Fellowship of the Ring. my dad looked at me, smiled, and as he walked away, he said, "well, i'll know where to find you. so i watched the balrog scene all over again. 

2 comments:

  1. we wore braids, too.;)
    LOVE you picture's, they're absolutely awesome. and the quote about books and flowers and the moon.. whata good quote.
    emii

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty neat! I <3 the ones of the sunset, book, and bokeh shots.

    Blessings,
    Grace
    >>---> come stop for tea @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.