March 3, 2012

one of those saturdays

it's one of those saturdays. when you wake up at eight in the morning but lie in bed for a while after that, awake.

when you decide to start re-reading anne of green gables, and then later, you casually pick up lord of the rings to read a few pages and you realize how much easier LOTR is to read.

when all you want is spring but outside it's a blizzard. no joke.

when you finally suck it up and start a LOTR board on pinterest, affectionately named, Concerning Hobbits. (better than my first idea - coughcough, One Board to Rule them All, coughcough)

when you play the Return of the King video game with your brother - and you beat him. you know at the Black Gate? in the movie, they get an army. in the video game, it's whoever two characters you choose to play as - alone. in today's case, it was legolas (me) and gimli (alex). trust me, not easy. now, imaging playing as pippin & merry, beating all those orcs and uruk-hai and easterlings and southrons alone? yeah.

when you want to watch the second half of Return of the King because it's the best. but, alas, should I watch it with the actors' commentary, or the writers' commentary, or without a commentary?

when i'm in love with this kid.

 when green tea & a cinnamon bun (homemade by my grandmother) seems a good enough breakfast as any.  (actually, come to think of it, it was my second breakfast!! oh, wouldn't Pippin be proud? :)


when my older brother spontaneously deciding that one of these days me & him are going to have all six hobbit meals - first breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. (entirely his idea. i wholeheartedly agreed.)

just another day.


abbie /// xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Your Saturday sounds like a ton of fun. Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite breakfast foods. And watching the RotK?!?!? Jealous... In fact, the only thing I don't agree with in this post is wishing for spring... I think I'm the only person on the planet who never wants winter to leave. :) Then again, someone has to like winter or it's self-esteem will be destroyed.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.