March 26, 2012

weekend retreat - part one

weekend ladies christian retreat - part one

{part two}


city lights outside our hotel room 






conference room doodles :) 

bokeh chandelier

...and another one.




the city. 




in the elevator


fancy mirror-edge


(more about the retreat: it's an annual Christian ladies' (and teens) retreat that takes place in Northern Ontario. this is the third time that i've gone. we get to stay in a hotel for the weekend and there are worship & speaking sessions on mornings & evenings. this year my aunt was the teens' speaker, so that was pretty cool.)

last night, when i tried to put my weekend into words, i found that i couldn't. my experience had been so amazing, i really didn't know what to say or which pictures to choose. i had an incredible weekend, with a lot of laughs, a lot of friends, and, well - a lot of God. a lot.

more tomorrow!

abbie /// xoxox

2 comments:

  1. I love your conference room doodles! ;D
    By the way, I haven't written a letter to you yet because I don't have writing paper. I really didn't feel like tearing up the rest of my journal, and when I found this lovely paper notepad thingy stowed away in one of my drawers, I made the mistake of leaving it on my desk. When I got back later, it was all filled up with my little sister's drawings. ;P I'm going to ask my mom to take me to WalMart or the Christian bookstore tomorrow though. I hope she'll be able to and I won't have to bike all the way there. Biking isn't all that bad though, especially with my iPod playing awesome movie soundtracks (they make me feel heroic for some reason...). ;)

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool :) I'm looking forward to it! Haha, I must try biking while listening to soundtrack and experience the heroic feeling :)

      Abbie /// XOXOX

      Delete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.