April 30, 2012

april is a bird.

it flew away fast - here one moment, gone the next. the weekend arrived and it hit me - may was just a few days away. and i found myself not really wanting to do an end-of-the-month post like i have in the past. even though i loved the idea at the time, i'm realizing that they're almost analytic. we take life one week, one day, one moment at a time, and to summarize anywhere from 28 to 31 days in a post doesn't make that much sense.

but, that being said, i'll share a small list of reflections on last month.

this month i received my 50mm 1.8 lens in the mail. this month i starting shooting in manual mode with my camera. this month i started a routine of waking up anywhere from 7:00 to 7:45 on most mornings. this month i actually took some great pictures of my little cousin. this month i truly learned that i need to make Jesus my everything. this month i spent more time with my siblings, less on the computer. this month i learned my first-ever song on guitar. this month my summer plans truly started to take shape. this month i learned to be just a bit more outgoing than i was before.







it has been awesome. and now i say - come what may. (get it?)


abbie /// xoxox


ps - blog changes are launching tomorrow morning. get ready! :)



all pictures in the post are favorites from this month.

5 comments:

  1. I have been trying to figure this out for a while. Is that a train? With the water on the windows? Or what is it? Also, our May is super exciting, so I hope yours is too. May I just say, it's 7 days till ROME!

    ps, I used the word May too much, lol.

    xoxo,
    ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woah. woah. back up the train. ROME? you are seriously blessed. :)

      ha, it's actually the view outside my brothers' bedroom on a rainy evening. the pink is sunset and the bokeh circles are streetlights.

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are awesome. Sounds like you had a good April. :) And I can't wait to see the changes. :)

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbie, what a month you've had, friend! I loved reading about it and I can only imagine what the next month *may* bring. :) {get it?}

    Love,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my letter in picture number one... so cool! ;)

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.