April 24, 2012

more of You, less of me

I laid down in bed and closed my eyes, but with no intentions of sleep yet. I breathed a short a prayer - "God, what have I been living for?"

In an instant I knew the answer. The hard truth was - I had been living for myself. It was all about my life, my time, my talents, my schoolwork, my needs...

It hurt. And I asked God to teach me how to give freely.






Giving freely is not easy. It means time. It means energy. It means love. Sometimes it hurts. But if God is your focus, it will come. It will come along with the desire to please Him.




 I feel almost as if I have been taking life, love, and faith for granted. And I've been thinking - if new people came to read my blog, would they be able to tell that I'm a Christian? Last Friday I was at a youth rally, and I asked God to take away any fakeness that was in my heart. I want to be real. Because this is real, and it's what I believe in.

So let's start over, okay? My name is Abbie. And I am a Christian. And I love Jesus and want to serve Him with my whole heart.


Abbie /// XOXOX


p.s. waking up early + tea + oatmeal + snow day + music = pretty awesome day so far.

3 comments:

  1. I second this post, living in this sinful world is a daily struggle and every day I see myself fail. But Jesus is bigger than all of my sins and thankfully it doesn't have to be about me because if it was I would be in so much trouble. The only part I don't agree with is that I am sure that anyone who reads your blog, even if they only just started, can tell you are a Christian. Even if that's not what you post about all the time.

    Love your pictures, as usual. Those strawberries make me so hungry. :)

    Hannah <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove these pictures!!! LOVEEEEEE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to read today. I once heard it said "If you went on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" ...It's inspiring to me to hear your conviction =)

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.