May 27, 2012

I love Sundays.












There's something that I like about most days of the week... but Sundays are special. We all wake up between 8:00 and 9:00 to get ready to leave. I like picking out a nice church outfit and deciding how to do my hair. We all pile into the van at around 10:15 to take the all-familiar ten-minute route to our church.

I love being at church. I love being with my friends and my family. I love singing along with the worship, whether it's on the stage or in the pew. I love it when we have to arrive earlier than 10:30, if I'm singing with our youth band or with my dad. I love learning something new about God or reading a new Bible verse. I love spending time praying, asking Him to be with me throughout the week. Asking Him to lead me.

I love Sunday afternoons. Most often we make lunch together, then one or two of us cleans up the kitchen, and then we can rest. I usually end up reading, watching a movie (either alone or with the siblings), listening to music, or going outside. Some days I go visit a friend, or we have some people over, like last Sunday. Those days are wonderful, too.

For supper, everyone usually warms up leftovers or makes eggs or even has a bowl of cereal. I like doing it that way. It's been a part of our Sundays for so long, and it feels familiar and good.

It might just be my favorite day of the week. What make your Sundays special?


Abbie /// XOXOX

P.S. The majority of these pictures were taken on our Saturday evening worship practice. There were only six or seven of us there. So that's why the room looks kind of empty. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Sundays are the best. :) All though our route to church gets the shortest route prize... we live right next door. :) After church we have a family dinner with our Grandpa and Grandma and Aunt and Uncle and Cousins and spend the rest of the day relaxing. Sundays don't come often enough. :)

    Hannah <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gianna, here! I'm starting up my blog, and would more than appreciate if you checked it out!
    And do be sure to let me know you were there!
    I love your blog by the way;)
    xoxo
    Gianna

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.