May 14, 2012

Life after rain



I step out into the cool air and let that wonderful after-rain smell wash over me. The deck is damp under my bare toes. I uncap my camera lens and snap a picture. I am happy.



And I am aware of the cold drops of water that wet my feet as I run barefoot across the grass and onto the street. I reach my destination - it's quiet except for my own breath, the beep & click of the camera, and the birdsongs.




And finally, trying to shield my camera from the oncoming drizzle, I run back, first across hard concrete, then soft forgiving earth, and finally damp cold wood. The door closes behind me, and I enter the kitchen again.

Such is life after rain.


Abbie /// XOXOX

2 comments:

  1. i love when it rains. therefore, i get a sinking feeling when the downpour slows, and suddenly stops, and the sun comes out. the end of a storm is so melancholy :\

    gorgeous shots :) i love the third one.

    xo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful and the words just go perfectly with them.Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.