May 23, 2012

so blessed, so thankful


















my eyes open. it takes me a few minutes to adjust to the brightness of the room. i drag myself out of bed; a new day begins.

i get frustrated sometimes. i feel tired. i'm not motivated to do more schoolwork. i leave a path of destruction. it hurts me and others.

but when i step outside my door in the fading evening light... i see. i see all the beautiful things around me. frustrations and failures fade from view, and i am captivated by the beauty of this life. the beauty of the life that He gave me.

i am surrounded by blessings... and most of the time i don't even see it.


soft green grass under bare toes || long hair that blows in the breeze || bunches of dandelions, given to me by the little brothers || delicious banana muffins that my mom made || new friends, and old friends too || reading isle of swords (ohmygoshbubblesgoreaditnow) || summer hanging so close || song writing || bird songs + cricket calls || cool air || weekend plans || getting excited for camp


abbie /// xoxox

4 comments:

  1. Happy Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post♥
    (oh, and that last pic made me soooo hungry. thank you so very much for that, abby.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous24.5.12

    Abbie, Your photography is really amazing. Astounding. I remember the photography workshop I was in last year and the photos we looked at. Your photos would totally rate right up there! Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. "i am surrounded by blessings... and most of the time i don't even see it." - ah so true. I wish more people would come to realize that. Your last photo is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.