June 9, 2012

here's to the firelight

you might like to listen to this song while reading - ;)































Last night was the first campfire of the summer. We bought marshmallows and wieners. Alex made roasting sticks for us. I grabbed my camera and my mom's guitar and printed some chords.

Marshmallows were roasted, burned, and eaten. I took a break from snapping pictures and played some songs. It was a night to be remembered. Songs were sung in the firelight; songs from camp, Switchfoot songs, old favorites. It was simple and beautiful.

And even after the sun set, me and two of my brothers remained in front of the fire - Alex reading a book, me playing guitar and singing softly, and Mathias simply watching.

Oh, yes, there will be many more nights like this.


Abbie /// XOXOX

3 comments:

  1. mm... this post was delicious. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post, Abbie. :) i love the picture of your brother(?) with the marshmallow in his mouth. ;) the 9th one. :) so cute. summer is so nice, isn't it? :) lovely, lovely.

    xo,
    Mikailah

    ps-come enter my giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. The first campfire of the summer is always cause for celebration. :)

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.