July 7, 2012

i left my heart in middle-earth.

i sat down to write this, and the river was released - my heart was full and i almost didn't know what to write. so, for starters, you're about to get flooded with epic lord of the rings pictures and gifs. here we go.






















so, a couple of weeks ago i bought the whole lord of the rings soundtrack. yes, all three of them. and it's literally been the only thing i've been listening to since them (except for a little switchfoot.)

the music fills my heart with a feeling that i can't really describe. it's a happy thing, yet it makes me want to cry at the same time. these songs are so perfect. i would list my favorites, but pretty much all of them are. i've been singing 'breaking of the fellowship', 'may it be', and 'into the west' repetitively, and every time i start now, matti yells, "stop singing!"

like, those three songs? are just amazing. i learned how to play them on guitar and piano. (they're actually pretty simple.) even, i have to admit, i do like gollum's song. it makes me feel sorry for him. and there are so many more.

i haven't read the books or seen the movies for a while. but when i listen to the music, and when i find new awesome stuff on tumblr or pinterest, it reminds me...

this evening i talked with my mom about LOTR for, like, a half hour. she probably doesn't like it half as much as i do, but it meant a lot to me that she took the time to do that.

in a way, this doesn't do justice to what i was going to write. it kind of disappeared, and this came in its place. but i'm okay with it.

and, guys? the hobbit. comes out in 159 DAYS. 
yes. i'm SO. EXCITED.

abbie /// xoxox


p.s. i'm going back to camp for a week, starting tomorrow. i tried to get a guest poster, but i'm not sure if it's going to work out in the end. so this place might get a little quiet for a few days. but hey. it's okay. it's summer. you shouldn't be on your computer anyways.

p.s.s. i guest posted here!

9 comments:

  1. I completely understand. This whole post. The Lord of the Rings Soundtracks are the most listened to songs on my iPod... by a long shot. I can't tell you my favorites either, because I'd just be repeating back to you the list of tracks. There's something magical about that music. The courage, the glory, the sacrifice, the hope against all hope, the love, the victory, it all comes flooding back to me... And the pictures... to think that just one picture could hold so much meaning for me. I was looking through your tumblr today and when I came to that Aragorn gif I literally sat there and stared at it for 15 minutes because it was just so... so... so something.

    Yeah. Lord of the Rings.

    That's all I'm gonna say.

    Hannah <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, you said it perfectly.

      Delete
  2. The music in LOTR is amazing. Especially "May It Be." I get that same happy/sad feeling when I listen to Narnia music too.:) Can't wait for The Hobbit!!!!!

    *Liddy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I pretty much just made odd and only semi-muffled fangirl noises for the entirety of this post. And the soundtracks are my absolute favourites. Like, ever. Lovelylovelylovelyness.
    159 days!!! Be still my beating heart.

    ~Nessima of Arda Nessimava

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the feeling you get when you listen. I get that way with dolphin music (lolz) and One Direction. I just can't handle it. Don't feel alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran to YouTube to hear the great Let It Be that you were speaking of. I was totaly blown away that it was the late, great Beatles song that I grew up with.
      LOTR is destined to be a classic just as the Beatles are today. Years from now your 14 year girl will be wild with excitement when she discovers the Shire and Middle Earth.
      Keep discovering! Keep sharing! This "old lady" loves it!

      Delete
    2. oops! I think I had the wrong song. Running back to check out MAY it be! LOL!!! (showing my "old lady" colors :).

      Delete
  5. Beautiful music to go with a set of amazing books & films. Words cannot describe ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh yes. I lovelovelove LOTR and I'm super excited for the Hobbit :)

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.