August 7, 2012

AT NORTHLAND BIBLE CAMP











left to right: sydney, cassandra, abby, shiloh, and sally. and that's only half our cabin.



fiona and eliana (daughters of the camp directors)









 our mascot named steve.




















 brooke (one of the counselors)






one of my favorite pictures from the week. ^^




this is cassidy and brenna. i love them like crazy.





























 vivian and liz, two of the counselors. (also sisters!)


 sydney and cassidy

 cassidy and me

 bethany and me

 sally, cassandra, abby

 kaden, daria, taylor




 the lynx cabin.

justina and vivian, who are also sisters.

 OUR CABIN! I love these girls so much.


 cassidy & heidi (our counselor)


 liz, kathleen, victoria, and vivian (all counselors)

 shelby, kayley, megan, and chelsia

 sydney and emily (emily was the daughter of the lifeguard. she is so sweet!)










What can I say? I love Northland Bible Camp. And spending so much time there this summer made me realize just how much it feels like home to me.

Before I left, I was nervous about being gone from my family for yet another week this summer. But I stepped into my cabin, and I saw familiar faces, and all those worries fell away. And I think that as I get older, it gets that way more - I want to be more adventurous, going to be different places, but in the end my heart will always call me home.

It rained for three out of five days. But we made the best of it, by making mason jar pies and cake pops (see above). Hanging out in the Greenwood Manor and in our cabin. I became a pro at making chevron friendship bracelets. (I think half the camp asked for them.) We laughed our heads off together and I came home with a looong list of inside jokes. One night, me, Cassidy, Brenna, Brooke, and Abby all went down to the playing field and had a spontaneous photoshoot. It was crazy fun and I have many pictures that I'll treasure for a long time.

There were 3 other Abbys at camp besides me, so we all got (unofficially) numbered. I was #1, and I'm not quite sure how that happened. I loved everyone in our cabin (and made some friends outside our cabin too). We made so many memories, and did so many crazy things together... ASDFGHJKL I feel like I'm just rambling on and on, but seriously... words can't describe how amazing the week was.

On the last night, we had a Talent Show. I decided to sing and play on piano "On Fire" by Switchfoot. And I didn't do perfect, but it was a crazy amazing feeling. Because that song has helped me through a lot of hard times in my life. And I felt like I was singing it from my heart.

This week was one of the best camp weeks I've ever had. It was so wonderful and so... real. I spent it with some of my favorite people ever, and... it was just SO good. And I still have some things left from the week... crafts, bracelets, leftover candy, a shirt that all my friends signed... all the tangible reminders of my second home, but after a while, even those will fade or be forgotten. But the friendships, the memories, the love... is all staying right here, in my heart.

Hey... Northland Bible Camp, and all the people in it?

I miss you. Till next year.


Abbie /// XOXOX

5 comments:

  1. Awww, what cute {and beautiful} pictures, Abbie! :) These are gorgeous. Looks like you had a fabulous time. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome. these are amazing. gahh these are epic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was so much fun! You got to bake things! And have a talent show! And a photoshoot! And that ice cream- oh it looks so good! It sounds like you had just a wonderful week!

    A lot has happened while you were gone, though. For instance, HAVE YOU HEARD THERE ARE GOING TO BE THREE HOBBT MOVIES?!?!?!

    Hannah <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful pictures!! It looks like you had a blast, girl. The light through the trees... the bonfire... the friendship bracelets... those were all my favorites. Oh, and I'm not gonna lie, that caterpillar scared the bajeebers outta me when I scrolled by.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely love this! lovely blog girl! keep 'em comin'!

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.