August 14, 2012

i just want to be an artist


Ever since I was a little girl, I have always been an artist. At three years old, I was scribbling out coloring pages and hastily signing my name, "ABBiE", before moving on to the next one. At 5 years old I would come home from kindergarten with several new drawings every day. At 6 years old, if you gave me a box of craft supplies, I'd be at my desk (or on the floor, more likely) all day, crafting. At 10 years old, I tried out oil painting, and while it was a difficult medium at first, I grew to love it. I was writing stories and poems constantly. Now at 14 years old, photography has become a huge thing in my life, along with music (guitar, piano, singing).

In life I have felt a huge need to create. And I guess we have been created to create, if we are made in His image. But the strange thing is, as I get older, I have more trouble just letting loose and making art. Still, my soul cries out to make something that matters.

I don't know what God has for my future, but I know one thing - whether it be photography, writing, painting, music, film - I just wnt to be an artist for the rest of my life.


xoxo.

6 comments:

  1. THIS. All of this. I can't even count the ways I relate. Gah, you are amazing. I'm so glad we're friends.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes my dream is to be an artist, I enjoy it soo much!
    btw your photography is to die for:)!!!
    Em;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. And I can SO relate, girl! Beautifully written. I agree. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I'm the exact same! My mum used to collect all our old toilet rolls and cardboard boxes because I'd use them to make stuff! Ha! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and so true. And that picture is super cool.

    Hannah <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that we as human beings were born to create something. I want to be an artist for the rest of my life too. Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.