September 13, 2012

e s t e l l e































For years I've been the only girl out of many brothers. Every time my mom was expecting, I hoped and prayed that it would be a girl. And every time it would be a boy, I would start to leave behind my dream of having a sister.

And then I saw your precious, squishy baby face. Little Estelle.

The first few minutes you were home, I only looked at you. Took pictures of you. Touched your baby hands and felt one curl around my finger. You are so beautiful and perfect. You're a miracle.


Now, I can't imagine my life without any of my brothers, but after Zach was born I felt like I was losing all hope. But the thing is, YOU are hope to me. (kay, THIS is cool - your name is also the name that was given to Aragorn when he was a child in Rivendell, except it was spelled "Estel". In Elvish, it means "hope".)

You are going to have a wonderful life. One filled with photoshoots and tea parties and braided hair and (eventually) teaching you about Lord of the Rings and ice cream dates and road trips and all kinds of wonderful stuff. I already love you like crazy.

xoxo,

big sister abbie

10 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWW - what a pretty baby! Congratulations, Abbie, I bet you're super excited. Your words were so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she's so sweet! It's nice that you have a sister now. And her name is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva Rehel14.9.12

    Beautiful Abbie!! Congradulations Big Sister!! the photos are beautiful!! Estelle has a wonderful role mode in you!! hugs Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw! congratulations! she is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awh!! i'm so happy for you to have a sister! this is awesome; she is a beautiful baby! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'after Zach was born I felt like I was losing all hope' Lol. You can save that one for his wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thank God, Abbie! Thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww.. my jaw literally dropped. she is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww.... she's so cute! Congratulations on the new sister! And I LOVE her name! Give her lots of kisses and enjoy every minute of having a sister!

    Hannah <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww congrats! Thank you God! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.