September 6, 2012

this is me!

Deep breath, here we go...


This is me. I'm a dreamer, and my fantasies include traveling the world & back again, owning an ice cream parlor, coffee shop, or bookstore, getting married to the guy that God has for me, raising a family, and living in a cottage by a lake. I want to be a million different things and I just can't settle on one.

I'm kind of crazy. I laugh a lot. When I'm tired I start to get really loud. I don't think I'm funny but people say I'm hilarious. I quote movies a lot. As hard as I try, I can never get to bed earlier than midnight. I'm very indecisive. Sometimes I get skeptical about trying new things. I get distracted easily, though my parents say I have a one track mind. I have a great memory, but I always tell people things twice by accident.

I really like cereal, and not the sugary kind, either. I've never had great success on manual mode with my DSLR. I read way too much and way too fast. I spend too much time online, even though I try to cut back. Sometimes I think it's because I know a lot of people online that get me.


My hair's really long, and sometimes I love it, sometimes I loathe it. I have a bit of a lazy eye and can't see anything without my glasses. I feel really short sometimes. I have a scar on my face from when one of my little brothers scratched me. I'm extremely prone to foot injuries (and THEY ARE PAINFUL. seriously.)


I make awkward unicorn faces. Sometimes I feel lonely, like no one wants to hang with me. The picture above is probably the awkwardest selfie picture ever known to man. I'm obsessed with Lord of the Rings. I still like kids' movies. I kind of have a crush on the Once-ler from the new Lorax movie. I sing all the time, and I listen to mostly Switchfoot music. Though I also like Tenth Avenue North and JJ Heller.

 The above picture is probably what I look like most of the time. Except for mornings, when I look like... well, let's not even go there. No matter how many times my dad has had me taste it, I still hate coffee. I'm a tea drinker for life. And in my honest opinion, tea is more noble than coffee.



I am imperfect. I cry sometimes. I struggle with helping around the house. Sometimes I feel alone & insecure. I considered editing zits out of those above two photos but decided against it, because this post it about me honestly. Sometimes I wonder why God would love me, but His word has always succeeded at bringing me back. Sometimes my little brothers stress me out a lot. and I just want a break from it all. But last night God showed me that He crafts all storms and yet He also calms them.


I have these stray wisps of hair coming from my forehead that are free spirits (meaning they never stay put, ever.) I get tongue-tied sometimes and mess up my words. Some days I spend more time in fantasy land than on earth. I've always dreamed of writing a book, but I've never had an idea big enough. (hopefully this year that will change!) I'm not the biggest fan of school. I rarely sleep in. I get nervous about changes. I overthink. My glasses are smudged half the time but I always forget to wash them. I walk around barefoot outside, and my older brother teases me and calls me a hippie. Some people think I'm a hipster, and my little brother once asked me if I "try to be a hipster". (I'm NOT either one, by the way.) I like creating things, and I wish I had more time to do it. According to my tumblr & pinterest, I am handwritten words, sunflares, forests, works of art, campfires, expanses of water, bokeh & colors, and.... lord of the rings gifs, apparently.

I AM ABBIE GRACE. And there's a lot more I could say, but I wanted to let you know that this is who I am, who God made me to be. And this is the real girl that you'll be seeing around this blog a lot more often!

xoxox

9 comments:

  1. Becky Cornflake :)6.9.12

    Dear abby, you are absolutely beautiful and wonderful and i love you!
    i just wanted you to know that
    Everyone has days when they are insecure, or wonder who they are; i guess its part of growing up. Keep prayin and clinging to God and He'll bring you closer to him, and make you who he wants you to be. But for now, you are a joyful, curious, loving person, who is someone to look up to for your siblings, someone to help ease the burden for your parents, someone to bring a laugh into the lives of your friends. A loving caring person, who can make a difference every day, even in the littlest things.
    im leaving tomorrow to go to university, but i will put you on my prayer board and pray for you every day; take care, my friend!
    Love, Becky C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this post. I love it because you're honest and because you don't leave out the things that are imperfect. That you aren't like all those people who photoshop everything about their lives so you can't see them through it. Basically, I just love every word.
    <3 Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6.9.12

    yes yes yes and yes....love the real you Abbie-Dabbie-Doo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea is noble and coffee isn't? Ah. Well that makes sense. ODDLY ENOUGH, the nobility of staple hot drinks has never really crossed my mind before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, Abby! This idea's been going around a bit - I think I may give it a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! it's honest and beautiful...you are beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello, lovely person. can't wait to meet you. *wink wink* :)

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! You and I are so ridiculously similar, it's not even funny. Except I don't like tea or cereal. And you have a cooler blog. :)

    ~Nessima of Arda Nessimava

    ReplyDelete
  9. the one thing that caught my eye the most was that your were thinking of editing zits out. oh yeah. i can relate big time. can anyone say #sugarhatesmeforlifeandmakesmebreakoutsoihavethesetinylittlebumpsallovermyface?!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.