November 26, 2012

A snowy day and some pictures I really love

The first days of winter are always magical. Snowflakes are floating down and coming to rest on pine trees and rooftops. Hot chocolate is made and pajamas are worn. Christmas music is starting to get played. It's really just the best.

I haven't taken many pictures lately. And it's for a sad reason. I've been feeling like I'm not good enough. I felt like my pictures were bad and I didn't know how to fix it. But I've been thinking... being an artist isn't about being the best at what you do, or having the best gear, or knowing all the ins and outs of your craft. It's  really about sharing the world through your eyes. Creating things that matter to you.

So... here's a few pictures that I took today at golden hour while it was snowing. I really love them and hope you do too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xoxox

p.s. sorry i've been all MIA this week - back to your regularly scheduled posting soon. :)


7 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous, Abbey! love these! :) snow, snow, snow. send some my way, okay? ;) okay. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful! I love the one of your boots and the lights on the tree!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. snow is so magical. i love these pictures; they're so Christmas-y! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are very lovely, Abbie! Love seeing all that snow. :)

    To be honest, I don't think I'm a good photographer either, but like you said, what we capture through our cameras is a reflection of who we are. Something to keep in mind the next time you click the shutter button. ;)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want snow sooo badly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you lucky girl! i want snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous you got snow!!! And I love those colorful lights!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.