December 22, 2012

how to get in a christmas mood

I'd been having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit this month, and I didn't really know why. I felt like I was so busy and I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy Christmassy things before it was three days away and we plunged into the rush. I was feeling a little sad, but I've been finding a few ways to kickstart my festivities and wanted to share a short list with you all - a few simple ways to bring on your Christmas mood. Enjoy - xox.

-wear christmas socks and sweaters

-bake something. like butter tarts or brownies.

-plan to decorate cookies.

-listen to your favorite christmas music. or try this and this.

-go play outside.

-make some gifts for your family/friends.

-remember this - take away all the excess parts of christmas and on december 25th, you still have the same thing. the day that jesus came to earth to redeem brokenness and heal our messed-up lives. remember the reason.

(also, i love zachy.)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. hehe! those photos are adorable! love the post, and i'm in the same boat, hard to get into the Christmas spirit, huh?

    P.S. Merry Christmas! Hopefully your holiday will be bright, joyous, and the best time of year to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
    Signed with pen-sealed kisses, dreams, and turtles, Meena (The randomest girl you'll ever meet! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yes! lately I've been lacking on inspiration. and right now this was exactly what I needed. plus the photos are darling!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.