December 25, 2012

that's what christmas is all about, charlie brown.


a small tidbit of our christmas so far.

it's been different, but good.
we went sledding yesterday afternoon (my limbs are paying for it now). i got a couple of letters/cards in the mail. we had a simple supper, played a couple of christmas songs, and i shared some bible verses. we opened gifts together - our little "big" family. my parents gave me a kindle and some lovely pajamas. this morning we opened stockings and i got some socks & hair things and some candy and an itunes gift card (the hobbit soundtrack, here i come!) we've been hanging out together and we're watching a charlie brown christmas (for the first time in my life).

there's so much more i could share... but, like, wow. this christmas the Lord has really been teaching me that even if it doesn't "feel" the same, christmas is always about the same thing - the redemption of our broken lives by Jesus. 2012 has been such a great year (i'm planning a vlog later this week to talk about it a little bit.)

have a lovely holiday, friends.
xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is always about the same thing - the redemption of our broken lives by Jesus. Can I just say...yes, yes, YES. This is the most beautiful description of Christmas I think I've ever heard. I'm glad you had a great holiday (love these instagrams) and I can't wait to see the vlog!! (: Love you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you. Have a wonderful 2013, with many more stories and adventures!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.