January 17, 2013

sunsets and switchfoot.

Here are two things that give me hope: sunsets and song lyrics. And especially during these long days of winter. So on a mild day in January, I went on a little walk to one of my favorite picture-taking spots just in time to see a glorious sunset.

On Monday, Mary, Johanna, and I had an hour-long Switchfoot lyric tweeting marathon. It was really wonderful. (You can see it by checking us out on twitter - @abbieloveslotr @hello_its_mary_ @imjohannagrace) At summer camp, if I don't know you personally, you probably either know me as the one who sings all the time or the one who's obsessed with Switchfoot. This is where the song lyrics come in. Music is one of my favorite things on this earth. And music, especially Switchfoot, has helped me through a lot of hard moments in my life.

Tonight I wanted to share a bit of both with you.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


"I still believe we can live forever... you and I we begin forever now."
 "Sing it out, sing it out, take what is left of me... make it a melody. Sing it out, sing out loud... I can't find the words to sing, you be my remedy. My song, my song. I'll sing with what's left of me."
"If it doesn't break your heart, it isn't love. No, if it doesn't break your heart, it's not enough. It's when you're breaking down with your insides coming out... That's when you find out what your heart is made of. And you haven't lost me yet."
"What are you waiting for? The day is gone. I said, I'm waiting for dawn. What are you aiming for, out here alone? I said I'm aiming for home."
"Give me one more time around, give me one more chance to see."
"Everything inside me looks like everything I hate, you are the hope I have for change, you are the only chance I'll take. And I'm on fire when you're near me, I'm on fire when you speak. I'm on fire burning out these mysteries.... I'm standing on the edge of me, standing on the edge of everything I've never been before."
"I've got my memories, always inside of me, but I can't go back... back to how it was." 
"And now, after all my searching, after all my questions, I'm gonna call it home. I've got a brand new mindset, I can finally see the sunset. And I'm gonna call it home."
"In a world full of bitter pain, and bitter doubt... I was trying so hard to fit in, fit in, until I found out that I don't belong here. I will carry a cross and song where I don't belong."
"Deep down there's a hope inside... you've got wings but you're scared to fly. Wake up."
"All is not lost, all is not lost. Become who you are... it happens once in a lifetime. In this needle and haystack life, I found miracles there in your eyes. It's no accident we're here tonight... we are once in a lifetime."



7 comments:

  1. This made me suuuuuper happy. And reading all those lyrics...sigh. I love Switchfoot more than words can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are over-lovely girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the last picture. LOVED it. And are you like me, where you get really happy when Jon Foreman's voice cracks?? It sounds sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sang all of these in my head... they are literally amazing lyrics. This is why I love Switchfoot and Jon Foreman. Crazy, crazy good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda - hah! ha ha.... oh geez that's usually when I die. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. *squeals* so pretty, abby dear!!! love all of these so SO much! xoxo | grace
    >>----> come stop for a warm cup o' tea @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't hardly ever listen to switchfoot, but their lyrics are so good. thanks for sharing, love! xx

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.