February 14, 2013

raisins & spice oatmeal


 It's no secret that I love food. I love to make it, but I especially love to eat it. For dessert tonight I made salted caramel brownies (they were deadly.) And that's the reason that I (try to) find yummy food to eat that's still healthy. Recently I sort of accidentally tried raisins & spice oatmeal and loved it, and then I thought that I could probably figure out how to make it by myself. And so I did. It makes a wonderful breakfast, or lunch, or bed time snack, or pretty much whenever you want to eat it.


|| RAISINS & SPICE OATMEAL

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup quick oats
-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
-1/8 tsp. nutmeg
-1/16 tsp. ground cloves
-brown sugar (optional)
-12 raisins (well, it doesn't really matter, however many you want)

1. Pour the water into a small pot. When it's boiling, add the quick oats and turn to low. Cook to desired consistency.
2. When it's done, take it off the heat. Add brown sugar (which is a must for me, but I don't know about you) and the spices. Mix up very, very well. Add raisins.
3. Enjoy your delicious oatmeal. (Makes one bowl.)


abbie - xoxox.

ps - happy valentine's day. you readers make my life epic.


pps - interested in salted caramel brownies? you know you are.

1 comment:

  1. om nom nom.
    I love food, I love oatmeal, and I love the hobbit.

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.