March 21, 2013

things that are emotionally stirring.





things i like.
I like books, music, and movies that make you think. I like stories that make me cry and laugh. I like songs that send chills up and down my arms. I like having my breath taken away by a great piece of art. I like music that I can put on repeat for hours, days, and even longer, and still not get tired of. I like movies that have amazing soundtracks, because the music just makes it that much more beautiful. I like things that are emotionally stirring, which can be a hard thing to like. I like being astounded by a beautiful shot in a movie. I like books that have me unconsciously turning pages, until I reach "THE END". I like the feeling of singing my heart out along to some amazing music, or playing piano until my fingers are sore. I like adventures. I like feeling like I'm on a wonderful journey, climbing mountains and sailing seas and saving the things that I love. All through stories.

I like art that teaches me things.

some new favorites, some old favorites.

movies.
The Hobbit.
How to Train Your Dragon.
The Lord of the Rings.
Brave.
Tangled.
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

music.
Anything Switchfoot (right now, Yet and Red Eyes).
Anything Owl City (right now, Shooting Star and If My Heart Was A House).
The A Team by Ed Sheeran.
Forbidden Friendship by John Powell.
Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson.
Learn Me Right by Birdy + Mumford and Sons.
Southbound Train by Jon Foreman.

books.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
Black by Ted Dekker.
The Tanglewood's Secret by Patricia St. John. 
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis.
Winnie-the-Pooh & The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne.
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.


2 comments:

  1. Do you like movies that make you cry? I was a mess at the end of Les Miserables. It was fantastimagical!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah! i love the Book Thief. it's got everything i look for in a book.

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.