April 13, 2013

breaking the habit (my joys).





"Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys." - Rita Schiano
My joys.
Some days me and my older brother wear the same color of clothes without planning it. Today my hair was wavy when I pulled it out of my french braid. Me and my friend texted each other pretty much the same sentences only reversed at the same time last night. A hobby of mine is washing dishes. Lucy Pevensie was my first fantasy hero. I write on my hands with markers. I discovered the joys of mint chocolate chip ice cream this winter. I stayed awake until 3 o'clock in the morning last Monday reading a great book. I like watching Transformers: Rescue Bots with my family. I learned a new song on piano today. I think that Logan Lerman is really cute. Nighttime is my action-time. I like to quote Ice Age a lot. Cheerios flavors in our home are apple cinnamon for the boys and plain for me, my mom, and my sister. I adore cuddly blond-haired toddlers. The snow has started receding ever so slowly. I like sitting on floors, especially in the kitchen. I've only ever been on two bus trips and I would love another because they were both amazing. My birthday decorations are still up from a month and a half ago. The smell of popcorn makes me really happy. The sun shone on the street this evening. Sea salt scrub is really wonderful. Getting up a little earlier than normal is worth it some days. And so is going to bed early. Ever since I bought 'Sigh No More' by Mumford and Sons, my brother has been hooked on them. Smooth, knotless hair feels so amazing. Good fantasy books are one of the pleasures of life. Well, at least, of my life. 
New habits call for new celebrations.

3 comments:

  1. this was such a joy to read, abbie. love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i really love this abbie!! i can relate to so many of them. (:
    ps- i got your letter yesterday! can't wait to drink the tea...it smells AMAZING omnomnom. (also, no, i am not allergic to pistachios. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! the stills are absolutely lovely as well, love. xx

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.