April 10, 2013

retreat & thoughts about Jesus











Last month we went to the annual weekend Christian ladies retreat, and it was sososo good. (you might remember me posting about it last year.)
We got to stay in a hotel room and eat cupcakes.
I'm learning what it means to be a true Christian. Obedience, trusting God, loving people when it's hard, fleeing from sin. Deep, hard truths.
"If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it." - Matthew 10:38-39
Learning about my value... my worth.
My worth is not in the state of my heart.
My worth is not in how talented I am.
My worth is not in eloquence or beauty.
My worth is not in my strengths.
My worth is not in my weaknesses.
My worth is not in a cute boy.
My worth is not in the people I know.
My worth is not in what I have.
My worth is not in what I do.

MY WORTH IS IN JESUS CHRIST.
and His precious blood.
"In God's eyes, you are not broken. You are worth it."

3 comments:

  1. this is so good, Abbie. so so so good. :) our worth IS in Jesus Christ. He is the one who loves us with an everlasting love, who created us, who redeemed us. everything good in us anyone else sees, is from God. :)

    thank you for sharing this, Abbie. {and lovely pictures, by the way. ;) Jocee is going to love those cupcakes.}

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS BEAUTIFUL. Also fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this was awesome. It's so true! I often place our worth in everything BUT God. I don't know why I do that! Thanks for posting this. It was great.

    And also, CUPCAKES. If only!

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day. so leave one & be awesome.